Administration Regulations for International Students of WFU
Part I Entry and Exit Rules
1. International student must acquire corresponding visa or residence permit in China according to Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens, and make sure to extend the residence approval in time before expiration.
2. The residence period in China must be in accordance with the length of study. Any activity not related to study is strictly prohibited. Otherwise, the residence approval in China will be cancelled without refund of tuition.
3. International student should report to the teacher in charge of International Exchanges Office in three days’ advance before exiting China and within 24 hours after having entered China, and register in time at the Office or local police station.
4. International student must pay the tuition and other fees due to be paid before the application or extension of new residence approval. Otherwise, the application or extension will be refused.
5.International student should make sure to be kept in touch. Any result caused by communication failure due to the student should be undertaken by the student him/herself.
6. International student should be responsible for the penalty and/or any other punishment caused by illegal residence in China due to personal reason(s). International Exchanges Office has the right to refuse to extend or cancel the student’s residence approval according to the student’s performance at school.
Part II Teaching Affairs’ Regulations
1. International student must obey Administrative Regulations of Institutions of Higher Education, Rules on School Order in Higher Education Institutions and Administrative Regulations of International Students in Weifang University, as well as other related rules and regulations.
2. International student must attend classes on time. Being late, leaving early or truancy is not allowed. The attendance rate is one of the most importance references for the evaluation of student’s performance at school. Student with low attendance rate may be given disciplinary punishment(s) including but not limited within warning, surveillance, expulsion and cancellation of residence approval in China.
3. International student’s leaving of school during class time must be permitted by his/her head teacher of teaching affairs. Private affair leave must be permitted by the teacher in charge of international students’ teaching affairs in advance. Leaving school for over one week (including one week) should be applied in written form. The leave must be canceled in time by the student after returning to school. Leaving Weifang City during holidays must be reported to the teacher in charge of international students’ teaching affairs in three days’ advance.
4. Any leave or delayed return to school without permission is regarded as truancy and will be recorded in the student’s attendance report.
5. International student must abbey the class rules, keep learning order, protect teaching facilities, behavior and dress properly. No leaving seat at will, shouting, quarrelling, or smoking in the classroom. Any student who has disturbed teaching should be asked to leave classroom, recorded as truancy and warned.
6. International student must attend mid-term examination and final examination on time. Cheating is strictly prohibited. Any failure to attend examination(s) should be applied in written form in one week advance. International student who has no examination record will not be offered certificate of completion or graduation.
Part III Daily Life Regulations
1. International student must have insurance which covers his/her personal safety and health while studying in China.
2. International student must abbey the regulations and managements of the apartment and pay room rent on time. The Apartment Manage Office and International Exchanges Office have the right to give the student who has violated the administration disciplinary punishment(s) including but not limited within warning, surveillance and/or expulsion.
3. International student must keep the environment in and out the apartment clean and tidy, and protect the facilities. Any artificial damage must be compensated according to the actual value. Damage on purpose will be double punished.
4. International student must take care of personal belongings and public properties, use water, electricity and gas safely. Rearrangement of wiring or using overloaded electrical equipments in the apartment is strictly prohibited. No smoking in the apartment. The student is responsible for any damage caused by misuse of water, electricity and/or gas in the apartment.
5. International student should respect each other in the aspects of different religion, belief, customs and living habits. Do not use other’s belongs without permission or disturb other student. No shouting, quarrelling or fighting in the apartment. Any student who has violated the regulations may be given disciplinary punishment(s) including but not limited within warning, surveillance, expulsion and cancellation of residence approval in China.
6. Any activity against Chinese Law, Weifang University’s regulations and/or social morality is strictly prohibited. Student who has committed any criminal behavior will be sent to the police.